Cleanliness is a reflection of one’s personality. It is important to be hygienic and aware of your surroundings just as you would be aware of your food or clothes. It is not surprising that people tend to spend quite a lot when it comes to cleaning and hygiene products.
The tools which are used in our everyday domestic lives are just as relevant. Vacuum cleaners are one such appliance which is much sought-after, making it a rage both amongst the customers and the manufacturers. With the development in technology, we have come a long way from the more traditional cleaning brooms to a high-tech vacuum cleaner.
However, it is worth mentioning that when it comes to the technology involved in the manufacture of vacuum cleaners, there are multiple options. Let us take a look at the ‘types’ of vacuum cleaners.
- 1 Types Of Vacuum Cleaners
- 2 Things To Consider Before Buying Best Vacuum Cleaners In India
- 3 Added attachments For Vacuum Cleaners
- 4 Top 10 Vacuum Cleaners in India with Price
- 5 Best Vacuum Cleaners Reviews
- 5.1 #1 Dyson V11 Absolute Pro Cord-Free Vacuum
- 5.2 #2 Dyson V10 Absolute Pro Vacuum (Copper)
- 5.3 #3 Philips PowerPro FC9352/01 Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner (Blue)
- 5.4 #4 American Micronic-AMI-VCD21-1600WDx-Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner with Blower Function, 1600Watts, 21-litres, Stainless Steel Drum
- 5.5 #5 Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose Vacuum Cleaner
- 5.6 #6 Forbes Eureka Trendy Nano Vacuum Cleaner, Red
- 5.7 #7 Eureka Forbes Quick Clean DX 1200-Watt Vacuum Cleaner (Red) with Free Dust Bags
- 5.8 #8 Panasonic MC-CG303R14C 1.2-Litre Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Red)
- 5.9 #9 Black & Decker VH780 780-Watt Multi-Use Vacuum and Blower (Dark Blue)
- 5.10 #10 Bissell Aero Vac 2-In-1 Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner (Grey)
- 5.11 #11 Inalsa Spruce-1200W Vacuum Cleaner for Home with Blower Function and Reusable dust Bag (Red/Black)
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 The Final Note
Types Of Vacuum Cleaners
- The Upright
As the name suggests, these vacuum cleaner types are designed to ‘stand’ upright. These are also one of the most commonly used cleaners and are operated by a ‘foot-lever’. The Upright vacuum cleaners have a bag attachment where the trash is collected and added accessories to clean the stairs and corners.
These can be used both on carpet areas and floors. These are generally light in weight as compared to the other models.
- The Canister
These are one of the earliest models and are the most common across the globe. This model comprises of a canister and a wand. This model is much favored as it can be carried wherever you go with ease. However, the canister needs to be handled as it can restrict mobility.
This type is lighter than the Upright, but the wands and the cords tend to tangle. Due to its design, the Canister is not easy to be stored.
- The Robot
As the name suggests, this vacuum type is fully automatic. The Robot is your typical ‘hi-end’ product which is designed to give you maximum services with minimum effort. These are lovely-little machines that just ‘go-about’ doing their business without you worrying about your complete cleaning sessions.
These are battery operated and have a docking station. These are cordless and sensor-controlled with scheduling features. The Robot can be used both on carpets and bare floors as well.
- The Handheld Type
These are perfect for small spaces and portable lifestyle. Being cordless. These can be used in ‘hard-to-reach’ spaces and are light-weight. The Handheld type vacuum can be used in homes, cars, boats and RV’s.
- The Stick
This is a combination of the Upright type and the Handheld type. The dual feature makes it easy to reach at tough places and easy to move around as well. Being run on batteries, The Stick is also easy to store. However, these are less powerful than the other types.
After you have gone through the types of best vacuum cleaners, let us look at some of the aspects that you need to check-out before you make a perfect choice.
Also Check – Best pressure washer for car cleaning
Added attachments For Vacuum Cleaners
According to the requirements of the modern-day lifestyle, vacuum cleaners are designed with various attachments that make your cleaning process an easy one.
- Powered Brushroll
These are designed to reduce tangles.
- Pet Hair Specific Attachment
These are meant to clean-up the Pet-hair from the carpet
- Mop attachment
These help your vacuum double-up as a mop cleaner for your floors as well.
- HEPA Filters
High-Efficiency Particulate Air helps remove harmful allergens from the air. These are highly efficient as they tend to remove almost 99.97 percent of particles from the surrounding air.
Well, now that you know all that there is about a vacuum cleaner. Let us look at Best Vacuum Cleaner in India –
Top 10 Vacuum Cleaners in India with Price
Dyson V11 Absolute Pro Cord-Free Vacuum
Dyson V10 Absolute Pro Vacuum
Philips PowerPro FC9352/01 Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
American Micronic-AMI-VCD21-1600WDx-Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose Vacuum Cleaner
Forbes Eureka Trendy Nano Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka Forbes Quick Clean DX 1200-Watt Vacuum Cleaner
Panasonic MC-CG303R14C 1.2-Litre Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Black & Decker VH780 780-Watt Multi-Use Vacuum
Bissell Aero Vac 2-In-1 Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Best Vacuum Cleaners Reviews
This easy to handle cordless vacuum cleaner is one of a kind with some excellent features. It can be used on both carpet and hard floors as it has the Dynamic load Sensor system that switches between the modes. This appliance has the all-cool ‘Intelligent-Cleaning-mode’ built-in that helps deep-clean the surface according to the requirement.
The device features an LCD screen that is designed to report various parameters like power-mode, run-time, filter maintenance, and blockage reports as well. This device is powered by the Dyson digital motor V11 which can generate up to 185 AW of powerful suction.
The all-exclusive 14 Cyclones technology ensures the rapid suction of pollen and allergens. Dyson V11 Absolute Pro Cord-Free Vacuum is powered by 7-Cell Lithium Batteries and can be used to reach tough places as well. The disposable of waste is easy with the ‘point and shoot’ mechanism which makes disposing of an easy task. Things get even better with the wall-mounted dock which makes storage and charging look good.
- Display available
- 2-year warranty
- Auto-mode available
- Pet-hair cleaning available
- Easy installation
- Slightly on the pricier side
- Battery operated, thus, needs to be charged
This super-smooth cordless vacuum cleaner is perfect when you need to deep clean your home. It features a unique soft roller cleaner head that picks-up even the finest of debris from the surface. The device is powered by Dyson Digital Motor V10 that generates up to 130 AW of suction.
It also has 14 Cyclones which has a force of 79000G to capture Pollen and bacteria into the bin. Though the battery needs to be charged, however, it can run for about 60 minutes at a stretch when fully charged.
This appliance features three different modes that function as per requirement. It has a wall-mounted dock where it can be stored-away and charged as required.
- Converts into Handheld when required
- Asthma and Allergy-friendly
- Point and shoot disposable bin
- Acoustically engineered
- Needs to be charged
- The added accessories require maintenance after use
- Not for wet floor
This vacuum cleaner is mobile and easily maneuvered across the floor for complete cleaning action. Powered by the 1900W motor, the device has deep suction to ensure optimum cleaning experience. The soft brush integrated into the handle is an added feature that makes easy cleaning of different surfaces.
The Active Lock makes the attachment of nozzles and other accessories simple. The Thermostat automatically switches-off the machine once it starts to heat-up.
- A clean air filter system
- Easy to move about
- The disposable process is easy
- Automatic cord winding available
- Not Noisy
- The hand-held feature gets heavy
- No Speed variation mode available
- Less number of attachments available as compared to other models
- Difficult to use in corners and small spaces
- No Blower available
- Slightly pricier as compared to other models of the same type
#4 American Micronic-AMI-VCD21-1600WDx-Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner with Blower Function, 1600Watts, 21-litres, Stainless Steel Drum
This power-machine is your perfect cleaning partner with a 1600 W motor. The appliance operates at a 220V of power and offers both airflow and water lift features. The device contains various added accessories and attachments that make the various aspects of cleaning an easy task. This vacuum cleaner has a washable dust bag and a complete blower function.
- Bowler function available
- Can be used on a wet and dry surface
- HEPA filter present
- Stainless steel body
- Bulky design
- Difficult for corners
- The Metal surface can get ‘electrically charged’ at times
- The cords limit the mobility
- The cleaning nozzle and pipe do not reach high places
- Slightly pricey
This vacuum cleaner is a powerful machine in its true sense as it can basically work on any surface. The appliance boasts of the practical blower action for surfaces where vacuuming is though. The machine features practical parking positions for in-between interruptions.
The device is designed for easy storage and mobility. The various nozzles can be easily attached or detached whenever required.
- Suited for both wet and dry surface
- Perfect for tiny corners
- Multiple attachments provided
- Has powerful suction
- Mobility restricted because of cord
- The edges of the design are delicate
- Comparatively short cable provided
- Side clips can be stronger
- Wheels can be stronger
- Dust bag not reusable
- The power mode is fixed
Also check – Best front load washing machines
These vacuum cleaner boasts of ultra-modern design and features more than one nozzle for different surfaces. The reusable bag and the auto-thermal cut-out makes it special and safe to use. The device is lightweight and has an added nozzle for cleaning in difficult corners.
The device works on a power of 130-270 V and uses a maximum power of 2000 watts. It also has a 5-stage filtration process. Being a handheld vacuum cleaner, the device can be moved to any place and spaces.
- No installation required
- Has an Indicator for dust limit
- Suction control built on the handle
- 4 different attachments available
- Tangle-free cord available
- Works on both carpet and floor
- Can be used to clean high ceilings
This appliance from the brand house of Eureka brings to you the ultimate in cleaning technology. The device has an automatic power cable winder that makes storing of the cable hassle-free. Powered with 200W motor, the vacuum cleaner offers deep-clean suction.
The machine comes with added accessories that assist in cleaning various surfaces and corners. It has a dust-bag indicator, thus helps you to empty-out the bag when required. The suction-control is featured on the handle, thus offering you complete control over the airflow.
- Dust bag indicator
- Automatic cord winder available
- Suction control present on the handle
- Foot-operated power switch
- Overheating can occur
- The motor could be stronger
- The extension pipes could be longer
- Restricted mobility
- Can get noisy
This canister type vacuum cleaner has a powerful suction at 1400W that enables a good cleaning experience. The automatic cord-winding mechanism makes the storing of the cord easy and hassle-free. The reusable dust-bag makes maintenance easy and the extension pipes help reach even the toughest of places.
- Blower action available
- Plastic extension wand available
- Added accessories present
- The auto winding of cord present
- Reusable dust bag
- Good suction
- No wet vacuum possible
- Blower power can be stronger
Black & Decker brings to you a fine powered machine that works on a 780 W motor. The suction power of the vacuum cleaner is 750 W and the airflow is 1900 l/m. The device has a long nozzle which helps clean the ceiling fans as well. The vacuum cleaner with its blower-action can be used to inflate air-mattress as well. The various added attachments make cleaning an easy process, thus helping your daily chores.
- added accessories available
- blowing-feature available
- Bag-less maintenance
- Trusted brand name
- Dual-action on a wet and dry surface
- Auto cut-off when the device heats up
- The machine can heat-up
- Filter capacity could be more
- Maintenance of the various parts can be a problem
This Stick type of vacuum cleaner is meant to make your everyday cleaning experience as simple as possible. The device is designed to clean both the dry and wet surface. The design allows it to double-up as both a full-fledged machine and a handheld type when required.
This vacuum cleaner is lightweight and easy to store as well, thus making maintenance an easy chore. The machine is powered at 600 W and operates on 240 volts.
- Can work on a wet and dry surface
- Good value for money
- Washable filter
- Easy to operate
- Can get noisy
- Not too many attachments
- Can heat-up sometimes
- The suction power can be more
- The wheels can be more flexible
Also Check – Best Refrigerators In India
#11 Inalsa Spruce-1200W Vacuum Cleaner for Home with Blower Function and Reusable dust Bag (Red/Black)
This vacuum cleaner has some of the best features that are required for the complete cleaning experience. It is powered with a 1200 W motor which gives it a strong suction. As it is easy to move around and store, you can carry it wherever required.
The machine features an in-built blower function and washable dust bags. The suction power can be controlled through the panel on the handgrip. This vacuum cleaner also has Thermal overheating protection, thus adds to its overall performance.
- Reusable dust bag
- Powerful suction
- High capacity
- 2-year warranty
- Blower function available
- The pipe could be longer
- Blower power can be stronger
- The materials used for manufacture could be of better quality.
Now that we know about some of the best vacuum cleaners available in India, let us take a look at some of the frequently asked questions by the customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Also Check –
The Final Note
While the market offers various choices in vacuum cleaners, it is important to understand your purpose and requirements respectively. If you have a home with family and pets, it is recommended to go for a powerful suction vacuum cleaner with the required filters.
Likewise, if you have corners and tough-to-reach places to clean, make sure you take note of the added accessories that come with the appliance. For a more relaxed cleaning routine, a Robot is just fine.