Imagine your movie night. What if you can have the same big-screen experience at home? You might be thinking that home theater can almost cost a fortune. But here we are not discussing TV home theaters. Projectors have come a long way from the same old boring ones we were familiar with. If you get the right one, it can very well become your next TV set.
Not only a projector gives you a bigger display than your usual TV set, but it is also pretty inexpensive. If you are planning a movie night with a huge crowd, it is possible that not everyone will have a good view of a TV set. This is where a projector comes into play. It is designed for a big crowd of people. For some projectors, you can even adjust the size of the display as per the surface area of your screen.
A projector also doesn’t need all the space you need to set up a whole TV. It projects the image against a plain background like a wall. Therefore all you need is a plain, preferably while a wall or screen and you are ready to set up your projector. You can either put them right in front of your table or hang it up from the ceiling. Projectors are not limited to only home and family time.
As schools are also entering the smart teaching stage, they are also introducing projectors for their smart classroom. This way, children have a more interactive and active class. The one thing you need to mind is that projectors are mainly for images and not audio. It may not have the best audio quality but you can make it work with speakers.
However, with all the amazing different options out there in the market how to find a good projector within your budget? Here is a list of things you need to keep in mind while buying a projector.
Top 10 Projectors Under 15000 In India With Price
Best Projectors In India Under 15000 Reviews
This fantastic and affordable projector comes with a big screen up to 300 inches. It has a diagonal image of 100 inches at a throw distance of 7 feet 5 inches. The projector has a full HD display of 1920 x 1080 resolution and 15,000:1 contrast ratio. It comes with a color brightness of 3,100 Lumens.
Equipped with 2 watts monaural built-in speaker, it also has 2 HDMI ports with 1 port supporting MHL. Further, the projector has split-screen and weighs about 2.7 Kg. The product dimensions are 25.2 x 9.2 x 30.2 cm. It can be connected to TV cables. Best used it with external speakers. All in all, it is a fantastic mini home theater.
- The product has an amazing display
- Can be used during both day and night
- There is negligible fan noise.
- It has a good screen size
- It has a full HD display
- It can be connected to TV cables.
- The sound system is not up to the mark.
- It needs external speakers
- It cannot play videos directly from USB.
- It is slightly on the costly side
- It is on the heavier side
This amazing product gives an experience of the big screen at home itself. The major plus point for this projector is that it is highly affordable. It has a light output of 3300 lumens and it is bright even with ambient light as it has an XGA resolution. This is ideal for box sets and business presentations.
The product comes with a projector screen. It also has an automatic screen adjustment feature. The lightweight nature of the projector makes it extremely portable and easy to set up. It is easy to set up in a position with a keystone slider. Weighing only about 2.5 kgs, the product has a dimension of 30.2 x 23.7 x 8.2 cm. if you want something for a small room this projector is made just for you. Overall it’s a good and pocket-friendly product.
- The product is affordable.
- It is highly portable as well.
- It has amazing picture quality.
- It has brilliant clarity even in daylight.
- The screen has an automatic adjustment feature.
- It has a keystone slider
- It is easy to set up
- The product does not have an audio output jack.
- The product does not provide HDMI cable.
- It has a screen door effect.
- It can get quite hot.
This ultra-portable projector provides the joy of a big screen in the convenience of your home. The shorter throw lens can project up to 100-inches from 8-feet 9-inches. It has an amazingly long battery life and can last up to 6 hours. Using USB type c charger it can be recharged quickly. It comes with built-in dual Harman Kardon speakers and is extremely easy to set it up.
It is also flexible with connectivity support and supports most media players with input options like USB, HDMI, etc. The package also includes a projector. The product weighs about a meager 689 grams and has dimensions of 12.6 x 14.5 x 4 cm. The product uses lithium polymer batteries and supports USB and HDMI. It also has a quick response time of 3 milliseconds. It comes with a rotating stand and has the full 3D capability.
- It is a highly portable product.
- The product has an extremely quick response time.
- It has a quite good sound system
- It provides highly flexible connectivity options.
- It has an excellent battery life.
- It has a beautiful and rugged design.
- The resolution of the product is not very high.
- It is not very good for office purposes or other presentations.
- It does not have a built-in Wi fi.
The amazingly pocket-friendly product comes with a native resolution of 1280 x 1080dpi. The max Resolution goes up to 1920 x 1080. The contrast ratio is 3000: 1. This wi-fi and Bluetooth equipped projector with LED LCD has a brightness of 3200 lumens. It has a projection distance of 1.2m – 4.2m and a projection size of 35inch – 180 inches.
It has a quad-core CPU. Weighing around 3.12 Kg the package has a dimension of 37.2 x 28 x 15.8 cm. The product supports multiple input options like USB, HDMI, SD, GVA, etc. this wireless projector has a GP90UP Built-in Android4.4 OS Smart theater.
- The brightness of the product is enough to use it in the day.
- The product performs very well in the HDMI connection.
- Easy to set up and use.
- It can be connected to a set-top box.
- Budget-friendly product
- The product is too bulky and heavy.
- The resolution is not on par with HD.
- The projector length cannot be adjusted.
This is a long throw projector of about 10 to 15 feet. It is an SVAG resolution projector with an optical resolution of 800 x 600. It also has a DLP display technology. The picture is pretty bright and can be used outside. It also provides good colors and hence great for commercial purposes also.
The product weighs about 2.38 kgs and has product dimensions of 9.9 x 33.2 x 24.1 cm. It also does not have a standard USB port. It has a mini USB, i.e., USB type b port. It also supports HDMI, VGA, RCA, Audio In/Out, etc. has an active 3D feature. It doesn’t support 4k android TV box. It has a lamp life of 10000hrs.
- The product has a very good display.
- It is bright enough to use in daytime and outside
- The colors are very good and have a good contrast ratio
- It can be used for commercial purposes.
- The sound system is not up to the mark. Hence it is best used with external speakers
- There is no option to increase the display size; it needs to be done manually
- It does not have a standard USB port.
6) Myra® TouYinGer X7 Led Projector 1800 Lumens, 800*600 HDMI USB VGA TV Home Cinema, Support Red & Blue 3D Format
This pocket-friendly product comes with an optical resolution of 800 x 600 dpi and supports 1080p Screen Range: 4: 3/16: 9. It has a brightness of 1800 lumens and a Contrast ratio: 1000:1. It has a projection screen size of 37-130 inches. The product supports 3D functions and it also supports various multimedia interfaces like VGA, USB, SD, HDMI, etc.
It also has a 3.5mm audio port. It has a Keystone Correction of ±12 vertical. The product is ideal for entertainment purposes. However, the USB supports only pen drive and not hard disks or phones. The product is not recommended for classroom or office presentation purposes. It doesn’t have an inbuilt battery.
- The product can be connected to dish TV.
- It is budget-friendly.
- The response of the remote control is very quick.
- The picture quality is pretty good for a budget projector.
- Very good customer care support.
- The product cannot support wi fi
- The product is not suitable for presentations.
- The edges are not clear.
- The 3D feature doesn’t work that well.
7) Ooze Punnkk P9 Full HD Projector 1080P (1920 x 1080) LED LCD Home Theater 3D Projector with USB, HDMI, VGA, A/V
This LCD HD 1080P LED Portable Projector has a resolution of 1280×800. The product has a brightness of 3500 Lumens. Its best projection distance is 2-4 m with a projection size of 50-200 inches. The Light source module has a life up to 40-50,000 hours. It has a super bight contrast of 7000:1 and supports a 200-inch screen.
The project supports 3D and can be connected to external sources via USB, AV SD card, 3.5mm DC headphones, etc. It has a complete sealing design and high-efficiency cooling channel. The product weighs about 3 kgs and has dimensions of 32 x 26 x 10 cm.
- The product is pretty budget-friendly.
- The clarity of the product is pretty good.
- The zoom level is excellent.
- It is good for classroom teaching and watching movies.
- The product is a bit on the bulky side.
- The display is a bit dimmer.
- It is difficult to focus the projector at a short-range.
- It can be a little bit noisy.
This multifunctional product with an SVGA resolution projector has a brightness of 3300 lumens in both white and color. It has a high contrast ratio of 15,000:1. The product can be connected to the TV and it is equipped with an HDMI Port. It has up to 10000 hours of lamp life in eco-mod. Additionally, it is equipped with a sliding horizontal keystone adjuster, so that all the screen connections can be done easily and quickly.
The most frequently used functions can be viewed and stored on the home screen. All the input source information can all be seen as one glance. There is auto power on the function which starts the projector on automatically as soon a projection signal is detected. The product weighs about 2.5 kgs and has a dimension of around 30.2 x 23.7 x 8.2 cm.
- The product has multiple connectivity options for PC.
- It is wi-fi enabled.
- It has good brightness and picture quality.
- The product emits heat due to its high brightness capacity.
- The sound quality is not up to the mark.
- Screen mirroring is a bit complicated.
This hyper pocket-friendly project from the homegrown brand EGATE comes with a 30000 hrs lifelong led lamp. It has a productio0n capacity of 50 and a light output of 0-2000 Lumens, The product has an HD 1920 X 1080 Support & 800 X 480 Native Resolution. It is equipped with 2 USB ports, one for videos, data, etc and another one for charging and it can be connected to Amazon Fire TV stick.
It has a 120” large-screen display and 1000: 1 High Contrast Ratio. This projector has a brightness of 1500 lumens. It supports multiple interfaces like HDMI/ VGA / USB / AV / SD Card / Audio Out, etc and is an LED LCD projector. The product is specially designed to be heat and dustproof, keeping in mind the extreme natural conditions of India.
The heat sink is specially designed so that it can withstand a temperature of around 49 degrees Celsius. It supports USB direct play. Weighting around 998 g and the product dimensions are 20.8 x 16.8 x 7.8 cm
- The product is extremely budget-friendly.
- It is specially designed to withstand the harsh climatic challenges of India.
- It supports USB direct play.
- The product is highly portable
- It is excellent for home entertainment purposes like watching movies and playing games
- It is impractical for classroom purpose
- Internal sound quality is poor.
- It is difficult to use it for daylight purposes.
- The picture quality is average.
For a county such as India, the climate can get really hot. This can affect on the projector as well as it can heat up pretty fast. In that case, you want to switch it off for some time. Remember, abusing a product beyond its capacities can shorten its lifespan or damage it really badly. It is advised that you don’t use it for a really long time without any break.
As a projector is just an electronic device, dust and moisture can also hamper or damage the product. Therefore, you should keep it as clean as possible and regularly maintain it. This way, the projector can run for a longer period of time. Remember for what purpose you are using the projector.
This way it will determine if you need a small or big projector. From gaming to home theater to presentation of data, a projector can assist you in any circumstance. Single-chip DLP projectors may have what is known as the “rainbow effect.” LCD projectors are immune to this effect, so they’re safer for people who are sensitive to the rainbow effect.
Hope this article helped you to understand the basic needs before buying a projector. These devices are pretty amusing and helpful. If you find them really impressive, you can even change your TV set for one of these. Remember to stick to your budget. Also, once you have gotten the hang of it, you can even start experimenting to find the most suitable option for you. Keep your own requirements and the basic quality of the product in mind and you are good to go.