A USB flash drive (or pen drive) is a data storage device that includes flash memory (a memory that retains data while there is no current supply) with an integrated USB interface. Most of these pen drives weigh less than 30g. These flash drives can be used to store important documents, data back-up, and to transfer files to any device.
- 1 Things To Consider Before Buying Best Pendrives In India
- 2 Top 10 Pendrives In India [Flash Drive]
- 3 Best Pendrives In India Reviews
- 3.1 #1 SANDISK IXPAND.
- 3.2 #2 SANDISK ULTRA.
- 3.3 #3 HP PEN DRIVE.
- 3.4 #4 SANDISK ULTRA DUAL.
- 3.5 #5 HP PEN DRIVE 32 GB.
- 3.6 #6 SANDISK ULTRA 32 GB.
- 3.7 #7 KINGSTON PEN DRIVE.
- 3.8 #8 SANDISK ULTRA 16 GB.
- 3.9 #9 SANDISK CRUZER BLADE.
- 3.10 #10 STRONTIUM 8 GB.
- 4 Benefits/Uses Of Pen Drives
- 5 Limitations Of Flash Drives
- 6 Difference Between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- 7 Buyer’s Guide | Best Flash Drives In India
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Pendrives In India
- First and the foremost thing to consider while buying a pen drive is to look for storage capacity. To what extent it can store the files and related documents. There are different capacities like, for example, we have 16GB, 32GB, and so on. We have from 1GB to 128GB. So, according to your needs and comfort, you can go in for the perfect storage capacity. You can not get a 1GB pen drive and store tons of files in it, it might crash and damage both the pen drive and the files.
- Next important thing to consider is security. You need a pen drive which can protect your files from any future uncertainties like any loss of data or any corruption. There are pen drives that can provide either password security or fingerprint scanning. Some pen drives can offer file retrieval or automatic back-up of files. In that case, you can be care-free, as your files are safe and secure.
- Most of the time, the pen drive is always referred to as flash drives. Although, there are some minor differences. A pen drive can be plugged into the USB port whereas the flash drive can be installed in the mobile device as a built-in storage facility. This tells us that all the pen drives are flash drives. So, one can decide what to buy.
- The next factor to be considered is the speed and connectivity. Usually, pen drives come with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. The 3.0 version provides 10 times the speed of 2.0 version. If you want to transfer a massive file like movies, photos, documents and so on, you can go in for the 3.0 version.
- You need to look for the compatibility of the pen drives with popular operating systems like Windows OS, Mac, Android, Linux, and so on. Most of these pen drives offer this facility/advantage.
- The next factor that you need to consider is the durability of the pen drive. It should be able to bear even small wear and tear. Make sure that the pen drive is made up of quality metal and relative plastic or any other material for safety purposes. Nowadays, most of the pen drives offer waterproof facility or even dustproof facility.
- All these pen drives/ flash drives are affordable. Though it varies from brand to brand and varies from different storage capacity, still, we can afford them. Always make sure that you have an extra pen drive so that if one gets damaged, you can always use the other one to do your work.
- Also, make sure that the pen drive which you are going to buy has some manufacturing warranty in it like for a year or so.
- Finally, you can look for the design and related aspects of the pen drive. For example, we have pen drives that look classy, we have pen drives that look stylish and so on. So, according to your likings and interest, you can get one of your choices.
So, these are the factors that are to be considered before buying a pen drive. Now, let us see the best pen drives that are available in India.
Top 10 Pendrives In India [Flash Drive]
Best Pendrives In India Reviews
It is manufactured by SanDisk. It is mainly designed for the iPhone and it offers a simple and easy way to free up space in the iPhone and it automatically backs up the camera roll, that is, the photos and videos, and lets you watch videos directly from the drives. It has a password security facility through which you can protect your important files from any internal or external damage.
SanDisk assures the best quality and standard, it has a different style and design of its own. The storage capacity of this pen drive is 128GB, hence, you can always upload new memories in it. It has a USB 3.0 version of high speed by which you can get your files from one device to another in no time.
- It supports a wide range of files.
- High speed.
- Automatic back up facility.
- iTunes music can be played.
- There is no cap to protect the USB.
- Taking a photo is limited.
- The Apps always get crashed and they need to be restarted every-time or most of the time.
- It needs to be re-plugged again and again to be recognized in the system or any device.
It is manufactured by SanDisk. It offers a high-speed transfer facility from your mobile phone to your computer. The USB 3.0 is very much compatible with the 2.0 version and it offers high performance also. It helps you to manage your files and the content.
It is also compatible with the OTB enabled Android systems. It has a storage capacity of 128 GB and it has dual micro USB and USB 3.0 connectors. It automatically backs up your photos and videos.
- It is compatible with the OTB enabled Android systems.
- It frees up the memory.
- East transfer.
- High speed.
- Dual connectors.
- It is durable and the design is unique.
- It gets heated up easily.
- The sliding mechanism is quite irritating.
It is manufactured by HP. It has a storage capacity of 64 GB. It can store any number of files like photos, videos, documents, movies, MP3 files, and so on. You can take it anywhere with you, wherever you go. It has robust metal that protects the pen drive from any scratches and further damage.
It has a USB 3.0 version which offers a high speed of transferring the files from one device to another. It is ultra-portable and lightweight which is very convenient for the users. It also offers backward compatibility with the USB 2.0 version.
- High speed and reliable.
- Supports multi-language apps.
- It is not very compatible with every phone.
It is manufactured by SanDisk. It frees up memory and space on all your Android systems/devices. It has a storage capacity of 64 GB. It can easily back up all your photos, videos, files, and so on. It has dual micro USB and USB 3.0 connectors.
It can easily transfer the files and documents from your mobile device to the computer system or any other operating systems within a fraction of a second as it has a USB 3.0 version. It helps you to manage your content and files. It is built with high quality and standard and hence, it is durable. It is compatible with the OTG enabled Android systems.
- It has SanDisk Memory Zone App.
- High speed.
- Dual micro connectors.
- Easy back up and frees up memory easily.
- Compatible with OTG enabled Android systems.
- The lock does not work properly.
It is manufactured by HP with a unique design. It has a cool ergonomics wave body and anti-fingerprint finish. It is lightweight and it can be carried anywhere. It has a built-strap hole design. It has USB 3.0 version and it is compatible with the 2.0 version.
It offers higher speed and faster transfer of files from one device to another. It has a storage capacity of 32 GB and it can transfer larger files in no time. It comes as a black and white monochrome design and has an easy grip. It can be attached with the keys, keychains, and so on.
- Unique design.
- Built-in strap hole.
- Ergonomics wave body.
- Anti-fingerprint finish
- It only comes in white color.
It is manufactured by SanDisk. It is a compact and the version is USB 3.1 which adds more storage facility to the various systems which includes game consoles, in-car audio and much more. It can be plugged into laptops, TVs, and so on. It has a high-security facility which protects all your files and keeps it safe and secure.
It also provides easy file recovery with rescue pro deluxe software. The 3.1 version is compatible with both 2.0 and 3.0 versions, so, you can plug into any of the USB ports. It has a storage capacity of 32 GB and it will take less than 30 seconds to transfer a larger file like a movie or tons of photos and so on.
- USB 3.1 version.
- Rescue pro deluxe software.
- High speed and fast transfer.
- Compatible with both the 2.0 and 3.0 versions.
- It gets heated up easily.
- It is very small that it might get lost.
It is a lightweight pen drive and it is available in different storage capacities like 8 GB and 128 GB. The pen drive is compact, it has a cap-less design and it has colorful accents that range from one storage capacity to another.
It has the latest 3.1 version which transfers the files like music, videos, and much more within seconds. Its performance is super-fast. It offers backward compatibility with the USB 2.0 version. It is well-designed and the quality is great.
- It is lightweight and compact.
- USB 3.1 version.
- No fear of losing the cap or breaking it.
- Feels heavy despite the size, so, you know that it is there inside your pocket.
- It gets heated up easily.
- There are no LED indicators.
It is manufactured by SanDisk. It offers high speed with a USB 3.0 version. It can transfer files like photos, videos, and so on within seconds. It automatically backs up the files in the system. It works ten times faster than the USB 2.0 version. It has a storage capacity of 16 GB and it also provides encryption and password protection that keeps your files safe and secure.
It works with all kinds of operating systems like Mac, PCs, TVs, and so on. It comes with a rescue pro deluxe software which will help in retrieving the files when they are accidentally deleted within a fraction of a second. It offers backward compatibility with the USB 2.0 version. At least five years of warranty is given to this pen drive from the date of purchase by the manufacturer.
- USB 3.0 performance.
- Compatible with all operating systems.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- Quick transfer and easy file retrieval.
- Compact and lightweight.
- No heating up happens.
- Slides out very easily.
It is manufactured by SanDisk. You can take your files wherever you want as it is ultra-compact and portable. You can transfer up to 128 GB worth of videos, music, photos, and so on and share it with your loved ones. It frees up space on the OTG enabled Android systems and you can easily share files between computers.
- Well-established company.
- Affordable price.
- High speed and fast transfer.
- It gets heated up.
It assures higher transfer speed and performance. It can transfer any number of files like movies, documents, and so on. The storage capacity of this pen drive is 8 GB. You can carry it with yourself and you can plug it any device like a desktop, notebook, home theatre system, and so on.
It offers universal USB compatibility to connect with all kinds of devices and operating systems. It is lightweight and it can be attached anywhere like in your keys, keychains, and so on. It is silver metallic in color and looks classy. It can transfer files with high speed. It has a strong metal body that protects the files and keeps them safe and secure. It is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
- Backward compatible with both 2.0 and 3.0 USBs.
- Stylish metal.
- High-speed transfer of files from one device to another.
- Higher performance.
- It is expensive.
- It gets heated up.
So, hence, these are the best pen drives that are available in India. Most of these pen drives are used by almost all customers. These pen drives are manufactured by some of the best companies in India. The prices differ according to the various kinds of brands and storage capacity but almost everything is affordable and each of these has its own features and uniqueness.
So, after knowing the things to consider before buying the pen drive and after seeing some of the best pen drives, you can decide what you want according to your likings and interests.
Benefits/Uses Of Pen Drives
- It is used to transfer any kind of file like documents, photos, and videos. You can store them in any device for a longer time period and you can retrieve them whenever you want.
- This assures your security, that is, the files that have been stored will be safe and secure from any damage. Even if your hardcopy disappears, you can still retrieve it from the drive.
- They are weightless, hardly 30g, so it is easy for you to take them anywhere. You can attach them with your keys, you can keep in your pockets, and much more.
- They can carry data between 1GB to 128GB. 1GB can be used for storing light files whereas, drives with 32GB and 128GB can be used to store larger files like music, movies, and so on.
- The 3.0 version of USB can transfer the data with a speed of 4.8 gigabytes per second whereas, the SD memory card can transfer files with a speed of 312 MB per second.
- You can connect this flash drive to any device like computers, laptops, iPods, mobile phones, and each of these devices will have several portals just meant for the USB.
- This device needs comparatively less power than the hard disks.
- Software applications like games, office software and much more can be booted from this device easily.
Limitations Of Flash Drives
- It has been found that there is a weakness in most of the USB flash drives. This weakness can expose all your important documents and private information.
- The size can also be a demerit as the size is small, and can be lost anywhere and sometimes, they might be hard to find.
- The USB plug can get damaged in time as the metal of the USB plug is soft and it can bend, which will make the pen drive useless.
- As time goes, the files in the drive can get corrupted if the drive is shared with many computers and different systems. Some of the systems might have some virus problems and so on, which will indirectly damage the files in the pen drive which you may or may not be able to retrieve any longer.
- A drive can last for only 10 years and not more than that. However, most of the flash drives die between few months and a year, or sometimes within a week.
It was released in the year 2000. It has a high speed of 480 Mbps (megabits per second). It can either send or receive data which is also called a polling mechanism. It is less expensive as compared to the USB 3.0 version. The maximum cable length is five meters. The power usage is up to 500 mA. USB 2.0 is generally either black or grey in color. The number of wires that are within the cable is four. It is smaller in size.
It was released in the year 2008. It is 10 times faster than that of USB 2.0. it has a speed of 4.8 Mbps (megabits per second). This version of USB can send and receive data simultaneously which is also known as the asynchronous mechanism. It is expensive as compared to the 2.0 version. The maximum length is three meters. The power usage is up to 900 mA. They are usually blue in color. The number of wires that are within the cable is nine.
As compared to the 2.0 version, the 3.0 version is much better as it offers higher speed and better efficiency in storing the data and securing it. And moreover, the 3.0 version offers ports that are backward compatible.
Difference Between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- There are physical differences in the different kinds of USB like USB 2.0 has either black and grey color in it, USB 3.0 has a blue color, and USB 3.1 has a red color. All these colors are used to distinguish them from others.
- The speed at which the data gets transferred is different for each version, that is, version 2.0 takes 480 Mbps while version 3.0 takes 4.8 Mbps.
- Version 3.0 is completely backward compatible.
- The power usage also differs, like for version 2.0 it uses 500 mA while version 3.0 uses 900 mA current. On top of that, version 3.0 has the capacity to give more USB power whenever the need is there and conserve power at the same time also.
- USB 2.0 offers only one pathway for either sending or receiving the data whereas USB 3.0 offers separate pathways for sending and receiving the data simultaneously.
- Version 2.0 has four wires while version 3.0 has nine wires.
- In terms of price, version 2.0 is cheaper than version 3.0. Version 3.0 is quite expensive.
Also read Top 9 Best SSD in India 2020 Reviews
Considering the above-mentioned details and with the help of that, you can get the best pen drive and experience the best performance of that pen drive. They are essential materials in today’s world. Our phones can not store all the things that we need, so hence, we need a pen drive to store our important files and keep them safe from any damage.
You can always get back to these pen drives if you have lost some important data on your phone or in your computers. They have a greater lifetime and can be helpful when we need them. Almost all the pen drives serve the same purpose but with some minor changes which include changes in features and prices also.